Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rasta Quilt!

ffeeeee-ooowwww! Finally, the hubbaloo is over. this time of year always gets crazy with the kids birthdays. Isaiah's is next! the big 16.
But currently we are relaxing in the dining room listening to Louis Armstrong and other. Jazz touches my heart. Reminds me of the birth of my children. Both born to jazz.
I love Jazz. Love it. Ooooo here is a song full of jazz clarinets. That instrument and the notes it flutters through in Jazz; makes my heart fill with water color effects: you know the when you touch a brush with color to a wet paper and it spreads to the end and disappears at the corners.
"doo-op. doo-op. doo-op..."<--my husband singing. I love this man.
 It makes me wanna burst out in song and swoon my husbands heart to my chest. hold him close. love him and love him and love him. it makes me want to fling open my drapes in the morning and look out over the scape with a cup of earl grey in my cup. It reminds my of my grandfather, he loved jazz and big band music. It reminds me of his architecture in Detroit and the surrounding area. It makes me O SO HAPPY and puts a feeling of safety and security in my palms. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm o so good for my soul!

Reggae does the same thing. Except for me i say, "I'm in church." I pay attention and let it fill my heart spirituality and grounding.
My sistren, Mama C, is having her third child in July! I made her a "I&I Love" quilt to swaddle her babe in.
hahahahaha. I hadn't washed it yet to get the creases out but this is it!
I wish this sista the best of births. She is such and inspirational force of motherdom. So strong and so bold. So loving and so kind. it was such a blessing to look up and her or hear her voice during my birth of Post. And in my birth of Xire knowing that she was there looking and the stars cheering me on from California. I love this lady!

Speaking of Xire. that lil man and i visited his midwife, Jennifer Kuhlmann last week at BetterBirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment