Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anniversary and Overland Expo Adventure

Surprise! 

"Pack your bags cuz when i get home we are leaving for a couple days!"

 
 Such words are not typical to come out of my husbands mouth yet still a great surprise! Saturday we hopped in the Syncro at 2a and headed to an unknown location, actually only my husband knew where we were heading to.

Overland Expo 2012
Amazing we got to see all types of outdoor vehicle make ups. My favorite was a company based out of South Africa. Mama so wants this tent for atop my syncro! oooo yummy it's gonna be so much fun to go camping with the kids and the dog! heck yes!
The next day we headed out to the Grand Canyon because if you wouldn't believe my husband has never seen this beauty and he lived in Arizona before we met. Breath taking. And I am convinced it is the most beautiful place on earth...perhaps there are only a few places more beautiful. I really feel at peace there and think it maybe an addition to my "Holiday in My Head"--a holiday in your head is a place that you go on vacation when you need one during the day.
On our way back to civilization my husband and I exchanged our anniversary gifts. I got him a pocket watch with an engraving on the back that will remind him of the poem I wrote him when I first realized I Love him. The poem was about how the clocks in his house made me feel we were in a place where time stood still.

The engraving says:
"being with you, where times stands still, and love is eternal."
He got me a ring of patina silver, making it look like tree bark with 2 diamonds in it. =)


So the project for the next 2 weeks? Getting the syncro fitted for August Camping in Washington for my birthday. Check out this pick of my boys working on the beaut'! Even the lil one!

1 comment:

  1. Your hubby is so cool!!
    I love you couzo's!!

    ReplyDelete