Monday, June 18, 2012

Too Darn Hot!

So for the past 3 weeks or something, I have been singing this song. And by the way, this is THE best version of this song. Ella Rocks It! It feels so good to sing, just right down there in your sexy vocal chords. Oh My God! Just the sexiest song around!
So my AC has been broken until today! and that is why I have been so absent. Just too darn hot, to cook!
;)
But today! I cooked and today.....I failed horribly. Or maybe the recipe was just bonk. I'm not gonna go into that too much. It was just all the flavors disappeared, especially the cheese.

Cheese in America is far too often overshadowed by ___________. It is like we have no idea how to treat cheese and eat cheese and appreciate it. It needs to be treated just like Wine and on that note with wine or beer.
So I decided the filling is so much better fresh than in the little pies. Besides....it's too darn hot, for something warm. Let's go fresh!
Had to throw this together when I returned from the doctors office at 5p....then just ate filling.

Butternut Fontina Stuffing
1 1/2 c frozen butternut squash, defrosted and drained completely of water
1 c corn
1/2 lb fontina cubed
1 Smoked (vegi) Sausage broken up
Large pinch of nutmeg
salt and Pepper

1. mix together and enjoy! I did!


So here is a note, I have for 3 years racked my brain on how to get a teenager in good self-esteem. It is a hard one cuz every teenager is different. Ours seems to misunderstand many things on why things are ran the way they are in our house. And I give him credit in that it is difficult to explain and complicated. So one thing is it isn't we want to lock him in a dungeon it is just there is one parent in the house to care for all three boys, ages ranging from 16-2months. And that person is me. It is all up to my capacity, what I can do. So as much as he would love me to fall asleep and allow him to be out all night...and i would love to fall asleep and not wake until the youngest needs to be fed, it isn't gonna happen. It is a lesson I didn't understand until I was 20 or 21. I had gone to a get together and told my father I would be home at about 1a. I was in college, visiting for the summer, an adult. I didn't come home until maybe 2 or 3a to find my dad waiting for me. I told him he could have gone to bed and he said,
"I love you and i am always gonna stay up for you. It isn't that I don't want you to go out it is just you are my daughter and I worry about you and want to see you get home safe."
I then understood. A parent can't change it, once a parent always a parent.
Anywho, I am getting beside the point.
It is time for our eldest to care for his younger brother from time to time....and get paid.
Perhaps if he felt he was part of the family and cared and had a responsibility that benefited us all he would feel a sense of accomplishment. And so,
Today when I needed to take our youngest to the doctors because the poor lil bug has a bug at such a young age, this ended up being my game plan. Nothing too strenuous just waking Post up from a nap and feeding him a snack and playing with him: $5/hour. It is not going to be all the time. Only in emergencies or tight pinches that I use this card, for both of their sakes. Besides they need some bonding time. After all they are brothers.

So I am exhausted. In dire need of a mental break and emotional break. It is way too hard to see my lil bug sick: getting xrays, deep snot suctioning, nebulizer machines that don't seem to work. I am ready and i pray for his health to return.
Actually, stop here: Both the little ones' health to return.
Post had a shot last friday for Hep A and the next night and following day had a fever of about 102.5. I so hate vaccinations but I am a slave to worry and am terrified of not giving them. I also think that no matter how much I try to wrap my mind around them it just is a big hole of questions I can't fill with enough info to understand. This is where there should be parenting classes for Children Years 0-5 Health: 101.

I don't really know what day it is. What my children's symptoms are. What the news is saying or.....did I eat lunch? Have I eaten today?......

No comments:

Post a Comment