Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boobs for you and me!

No cooking tonight. The AC is broken and it is a whopping 96 degrees outside in the shade. So no cooking. I did however prep the Vegan Lasagna this afternoon and the salmon I was going to make. i guess it will all get bumped.

On hot days, Slurpees are a MUST. I know they are chalk full of sugar and artificial flavors and colors but there is something about them that I just can't shake, call it my childhood lust. I mean I have not control, I have to really really try not to drink it as fast as i can until a brain freeze hits. Really try.And i do manage to make the biggest size last as long as possible. At lunch my lil man strolled in with a tiny Slurpee for himself and a huge one for mama. Then at dinner My oldest strolled in with a huge one for mama while lil man (middle boy) walked in with cheese pizza on a plate for the mama bear of the house.

I do I love my boys. Speaking of which our eldest just turned 16. The big 16.
 Happy Birthday, my Love.
Oh my, I can't believe he is so big. I remember the first day i spent with him when he was 13. i was so enthralled by his manners and his enthusiasm for skateboarding, being that I spent some time making long boards in my past. I truly fell in love with him that day. He is a good kid and like all kids is just growing up and experiencing the world, learning from his mistakes, choosing his vices and loves. Just growing up. it is hard to see kids become adults. And at the same time so beautiful to see them take on the world. The go from pooping/sleeping/eating as their job to playing as their job to academics and real jobs and possibly parenting and so on. What a crazy modern succession of events. Crazy and mystifying.

I love hearing my husband say when I ask him what our 2 year old is doing,
"being a kid mama,"
 as I look over and he is ripping apart a box to make who the heck knows what.....maybe a boat.....maybe a robot costume.

Kids make our world go round and I suppose that is one of the huge reasons i am drawn to Rastafrari. Youths are crucial. Their happiness is crucial. Instilling positive thinking is crucial, hard work is crucial, music, art, love, a family basis.....it all is crucial.

So check out this clip reminiscent of me chasing my son this morning as he is running into the street.....
I am yelling, "Post! Post, Stop!!
he of course sees the other kiddos riding bikes in the street and is gayly laughing his butt off to go join their fun while his mother is chasing him, in her pjs, no bra....and let me add here I am a cheerful 32 H/I while nursing my children and a normal F otherwise. This is what I felt I looked like:


So it must have looked hilarious in real life (the scene of Granny in the field):

 I am aloud to joke about my breasts. really I am. breast are a beautiful thing. This all goes along with my belief that children and the public need to see breastfeeding more often until it is seen as a norm and we stop completely sexualizing breasts and acting like their exposure is disgusting. Watch out if you are a parent that shields you children from boobies, because i am the mama that will straight up pull my shirt up and breastfeed my children in front of you. yeah, i am a tandem nurser, in the morning i have 2 children drinking the milk of life and i am proud!
don't look if you don't like boobies! And don't say anything!
It is far less offensive and health threatening to be breastfeeding in public than to be smoking a cigarette around children. For real people! the other day I was at City Creek Mall in Downtown Salt Lake breastfeeding my youngest while my son played in the water fountain. I was the first person there, and honestly that doesn't matter. Moments later, the table near use decides to light up and the worst part is they were women. Seriously what has happened to the collective unconscious of females, that we light up with children around. I don't care if you choose to poison yourself, and I pray for you, but to poison those around you and to poison children who are developing into healthy beings....not to mention playing outside, is a hideous mark on our kind. how selfish. I mean even when my husband mentioned it to this woman she looked at him and pretended he didn't exist and the lady was standing 20 feet away from me!
So seriously, put it out, you probably should anyway, respect the children of the world and give them a chance to be healthy without your influence. Jeeeesh!

Last note: Check out this mama's Blog. She has a great story about bed time. Yep we have all been their. This particular story hits home because my son so does this......hahahahahahhahahahahahaha. click below!
Whack a Mole

night night! mwa!

3 comments:

  1. OK, so the bottom picture is hilarious! Grama Amy and I were wondering if/how Post would continue to breast feed when the baby came! LOL! I will have to share with her. :-)
    Breast feeding is fo sho the way to go! I didn't stick it out long, but had many regrets. :-/
    Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you so much jess. So glad I found this!
    ~Rachel~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found it too! I have been meaning to call you and tell you that there is this Beatles song that reminds me of you every time I hear it and in fact just the Beatles remind me of you. I'll look up the song and let you know. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete