Friday, June 8, 2012

Something about a sista!

There is something about having a Sista to talk to when parenting gets rough. Yesterday I miss my middle child, but at the age he was before this 2 year old stage. I miss the mornings he wakes up and is bubbly and happy, and that is lasts all day. Now it lasts an hour or two at most and I have to enjoy the good mood while it is gracing my presence.
Something I am gonna have to teach myself is that i will have to repeat what I say, multiple times. And not just to all my kids eldest to youngest but to my husband and to myself. Yesterday I aggravated myself so much with my perfectionism. I realized that as much a perfectionist i am, I am also ousting out moments of relaxation and happiness in my life. Instead of doing dishes last night while the meal was in the oven I decided to enjoy watching my kid outside playing and making lemonade: moments i would have lost had I kept up with my chores. Yet when I came in and had finished bedtime routines I realized I was going to spend the better part of my 'me'-time cleaning up from the day.
But there is something about being able to call another veteran mama and talk to her about the strife of being a mama that seems to make it all comical and not as important. You know, knowing that there is another woman out there, besides your mother or grandmother or aunt, who knows exactly what those days are like. I love it!
So I decided to hit the sack yesterday instead of write out to the world, emotional exhaustion had hit.

Apple Cheddar Smoked (vegi) Sausage stuffed Hot buns
1 1/4 c warm water
1 pack of active yeast
1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
2 1/2 c flour
2 T coconut oil
1 Field Roast Apple-wood Smoked sausage, broken up into bits
1/2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 apple, peeled and diced

1. preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a muffin pan
easy dough
2. In a medium bowl, gently mix yeast in WARM water. mix in salt, sugar, flour, oil. Knead to work ingredients through for about 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap.
Filling
3. In a separate bowl mix sausage, cheese, and apple.
4. Keep dough cover while working. Flour cutting board and pull off enough dough to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. Work dough out into a flat circle on the cutting board. Take a Table spoon of filling and place in center of dough. Fold edges of dough to the center, all the way around, into filling is covered. place seam side down in muffin pan. repeat until dough is done.
5. Brush tops of dough with oil and pop in oven for 20 minutes, check in 15. Let cool because insides will be smokin'.





No comments:

Post a Comment