Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ice Lolly Adventure 1: Cinnamon Turmeric Creamy

Ice Lolly of the Day: Cinnamon Turmeric Creamy
 We are having a lull in our hot weather and for some reason i am becoming back the heat while my AC remains kaput by making Ice Lollies. I love turmeric and Cinnamon tea with a bit of honey and a bunch of milkiness. This is something presented to me when I had a severe muscle strain about a month back.
Turmeric according to Ayurvedic medicine has many uses. Also, a Hindi friend of the family swears by its healthful uses.
Here is the low down: http://www.turmericinfo.com/
You can find useful information about it almost everywhere. I made it today because my sons allergies are back and he is wiping snot all over the house and I have an ouch due to him swiping me on my tattoo i got a week ago. Ill show ya when it is healed.

This time of year you can chase down a freezer pop mold just about anywhere. You will need one. But if you don't and you are impatiently drooling over the mention of an ice lolly you can make them in an ice tray then cover your ice tray with plastic wrap and poke a hole with a tooth pick, leaving the tooth pick in the filled cube slot, repeat for each cube....it works I swear because this is how i rocked it back in the day.

Cinnamon Turmeric Creamies
1/2 t Turmeric powder
1/2 t Cinnamon powder
3 T local Honey
1/2 c Water
milk or milk substitute

1. Place turmeric and cinnamon measuring cup and pour boil water over until you reach 1/2 c mark. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Strain and Stir in Honey until dissolved.
3. Pour into mold so each is about even and then pour milk or milk sub over until m old is full. Put top on each mold and put in the fridge until completely frozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment