Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The City of Pho

So I think most people in King county and the surrounding area would agree that Pho is the soup of Seattle. This being said there is more Pho places than there are Starbucks....and we know how ambitious Starbucks is.
Black Pepper Pho in Boulder, Co is still the best Pho i have ever had. The broth is flavorful....and I stop here to note that here in seattle there are enough places for there to be really weak pho broth....could have pulled it from my toilet and it might, just might be better.
Pho is easy to make and even easier is Pacific Naturals Pho Broth. So when I don't feel like being disappointed with my Pho I make it at home the easy way, cuz let's face it, I have kids and most times its not gonna get done if it ain't easy.
So medium sauce (middle child) wanted to have noodles and i wanted Pho. Bang! Pho for dinner. And this was a couple nights ago. Small serving between a 3 year old and a mama that night, and we had Pho broth left over......
which inspired.......
this beauty!



Today was getting-there-hot at about 3p so a fresh light dish was in the mix. Didn't know what my mind was going to birth but I was so pleased with the outcome and medium sauce ate the kiddo version (that recipe is at the end)

Coco-Saki Soba
Pho broth
Soba noodles
Frozen California Vegi mix (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)*
2 T Coconut oil
1 t sesame oil
1 T Soy sauce
1/3 c Saki, and then some
Cilantro
shredded, unsweetened coconut
Siracha

1. Make your Soba noodles in Pho broth versus water.
2. In a frying pan, heat your oils over med-high until melted.
3. add vegis (frozen) and cover, cook until liquid is halfed. Remove cover and add soy sauce.
4. cook uncovered and add saki, cook until there is about 2 T of liquid in pan.
5. serve over noodles garnished with cilantro, coconut, and siracha.**


*I do about a handful per serving/ person
**I add a splash of saki on top of mine.

Kiddo version: coco-noodles
 Noodles in a bowl with coconut oil to separate them. a couple vegis and more soy sauce.





Went to the park and big brother decided to do a cute big brother thing: Push Bugs on the swing! Love'n it!


No comments:

Post a Comment